June 09, 2012

Introducing Baby Clothes!

I love making baby clothes.  I don't make them for anyone in particular, but they require so little fabric and notions and, no matter what, the size makes them automatically adorable.

It was always my plan to include baby clothes in my store, but sometimes plans get delayed.  Well, finally I can say I have a baby section and I hope to add more to it!


The first item is this Animal Crackers dress, based on a vintage pattern.  I used Stof quilting cotton for the shell, a Danish brand--fabric that I picked up from Tabby while in Beaufort, SC, last month.  Stof is just beginning to make its appearance in the U.S., so any use of it is pretty exclusive.  I lined the dress with batiste, which makes it light and airy for the warm summer months we have ahead of us!

The elephant print reminds me of the iced animal crackers I devoured as a kid: dunked in sweet icing and covered in nonpareils, I ate them like there was no tomorrow.  This print is so nostalgic to me and instantly brought a smile to my face!


I only have one of these available and it is sized six months.  I had made a pair of shorts to go with it, but I didn't love the way they turned out; however, they may be sent to the buyer as a "freebie," if he or she is so interested.

I already have plans for many, many more clothes for baby and toddler girls.  I'd love to make clothes for boys as well--what do boys love?  What will boys wear?  Let me know so I can keep an eye out.

Thanks for supporting Eleanor Sews!

No comments:

Post a Comment