June 05, 2012

Sally Draper, You're the Best

I'm a huge Mad Men fan, but I didn't always love Sally.  When she was a kid, I was annoyed with her lisp and just wanted her out of the way--more Don, please!

However, season five has shown that Sally--and Kiernan Shipka, the actress who plays her--has seriously grown up.  It's 1966 at this point, right?  Sally is mod to the max: go-go boots, minidresses, sequins, bobbed hair.  I love watching this season because Sally has really come into her own, where she's almost a young woman, she's stuck in this world between childhood and adulthood (and moving through it more gracefully than I ever did), and her storyline is much more complex than in the past.

Sally Draper, you are the best and I hope you get a spinoff.

Anyway, so watching Mad Men always influences my style (hello, Joan and Megan!), but seeing Sally's fashion sense evolve has sparked a new urge in me.  The children's styles of the 1960s are on the forefront of my mind right now, and I have plans to add many styles to the shop (hopefully sooner than later).  Of course, they will be updated with contemporary, current fabrics and notions, but vintage styles are classic and will always look adorable on babies, children and toddlers.

Here are some of my favorite Sally Draper outfits.  What are yours?  Or do you prefer a different character?

Source

Source

Source

Source Okay, that's Kiernan, but whatever--this kid has style!

No comments:

Post a Comment